SYED MOHAMMED ALI
Healthcare Professional -Technology Driven Strategic Thinker- Collaborator
- PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY -
Valued as a Strategic Leader and a Prudent Business Professional Trustworthy and Innovative
thought leader. Experience spanning over 20 years across the entire spectrum of strategic,
operational, marketing and functional areas of healthcare and related IT business domain. Expertise
at identifying business opportunities, expanding markets, product & service development, risk
mitigation and team building. Strong believer in technology as enabler of growth.
● Strategic Planning & Execution.
- Experienced in setting goals congruent with vison and mission of the organization. Expertise at
communicating and articulating to improve across-the-board efficiency
- Proficient at market and competitive analysis. Strategizing alternate ways to compete, devising roadmap and
business models for market share growth, increased customer acquisitions and improved revenues.
- Conversant with change management initiatives, building framework, negotiating and collaborating to adapt
to the discontinuities of internal and external environment. Create community engagement initiatives.
● Productivity & Operational Improvement
- Skilled at establishing customer-centric business process.
- Proficient at preparing budgets, formulating measurable benchmarks, SOPs, performance and control tools
● Relationship Management
- Believer of nurturing individual growth through training & coaching and mentoring. Foster environment of
trust. Empowering people by pushing the power down. Persuasive & trusted board collaborator.
- CORE COMPETENCIES IN ACTION -
• Strategic Planning and Execution:
- Developed a regional business plan evaluating the competitive landscape opening an entirely new
market segment of Healthcare for Focus Softnet in Middle East markets. Identified product gaps
especially with regards to Insurance Model and provided inputs towards designing the Integrated
Insta Hospital Information Solution (HMS) suiting the Middle East Market eliminating product
deficiencies and enhancing competitive edge in order to capture the huge potential of ME region.
Contributing to a 40% incremental revenue growth from the region. Developed & effectively managed
channel partners/resellers of Focus Softnet for ME region. The strategic alliances resulted in viable
lead generation accounting to a large sales funnel.
- Negotiated with Olympus Medical Imaging Equipment South India dealer ‘Healthware’ for bundling
“Mediscope” the flagship Medical Imaging application of Tru-Solutions for the supply of the solution
as a bundled service resulting in a 50 % y-o-y increase in sales volume adding a total of 300 new deals
in 2 years. Strategized to reach overseas markets such as Sri Lanka, Middle East & African regions
contributing acquisition of 50 new global clients.
- After taking up the mantle of the PDSCG hospital undertook market research of competitive landscape
through detailed SWOT & BCG analysis and developed a 3-point Strategic-Framework and a Road map
for 5 years with year-wise milestones and measurable outcomes. The three-pointstrategic framework
(i) Build Infrastructure as a Comprehensive Provider with (a) High Technology Clinical Infrastructure
(b) Upgraded & Renovated Physical Infrastructure the upgradation plan comprised; renovation
Laminar flow OT complex, state-of-art Neonatal IC Unit, integrated emergency cum acute medical
care ward, a new 10 bed surgical intensive care unit, modernized 30 bed Paediatric General ward
and commissioned “Digital Lab’ an advanced, completely automated diagnostic high-end
orthopaedics (hip & knee replacement), gynaecology, laparoscopy, gastroenterology, renovation
of patient rooms into premium deluxe suites.
(ii)Develop Alternative Sources of Revenue: Obtained tax exemption u/s 80(G) (5)(vi) to the holding
society the hospital namely Princess Durru Shehvar Medical Aid Society (PDSCMAS), resolutely
campaigned for grants from Dr. Reddy’s Lab, GMR Group, ITC, SBI, SBH, NCT, and others garnering
a total INR 40 million funds and utilized towards service expansion of the hospital. Steered the
plan to secure approval to operate paramedical degree courses; BSc MLT, BPT capitalizing the
available infrastructure resulting in INR 8 million annual revenues.
(iii)Competitive Marketing: Organized multiple medical camps, published articles in vernacular as
well as National dailies and Held events, workshops and seminars taking sponsorships from
corporates. Some of the events were organized in collaboration with National Institute of
Nutrition, WHO (India), Medical Associations, Pharma Companies, NGOs.
• Productivity & Operational Improvement:
- For Focus Softnet implemented processes to enhance sales activity, coordinated customer
implementations collaborating internally with technical teams to meet customer expectations,
compliance protocols, and resolution of issues to maximize clients' experience. Targeted increased
product awareness distributing marketing collaterals to the entire targeted customer base and
identified vendors of the supply chain of healthcare sector of KSA.
- At Tru-solutions Conceptualized Diagnostic Health Portal ‘iMedDx ’consolidating existing and &
prospective clients of e-lab software. Actively lead an initiative to upgrade the e-lab software version
in 500 clients and completed the task in a record period of 2 months. Instrumental in designing an
indigenous foot pedal collaborating with a circuit board electronics supplier; with the in-house
manufacturing of these foot pedals the cost of hardware accessories reduced by 30% and it also
reduced the no.of complaints and a 35% per annum decline in replacement costs.
- At PDSCG hospital prudent and sound management practices enabled the hospital to liquidate INR 45
million debts and dedicate surplus to capital infrastructure, expansions in line with its commitment to
charity in medical care. Conceptualized an enterprise-wide software application and managed it as a
- CORE COMPETENCIES IN ACTION -
Page 3 of 3
transition leader to comprehensively integrate functions of the hospital. Introduced knowledge
management principles through medical audits, inventory and asset management, pharmacy audits,
financial performance reporting etc.
• Relationship Management:
- Employee Relations & Social Responsibility: At PDSCG hospital streamlined the salary structure based
on minimum wages act. Selected members from within and promoted to supervisory positions.
Conducted Management development programs, Set-up educational scholarship funds to the
children of Class III & IV employees encouraging higher education, established healthcare, children
marriage, occupational hazard and Quality of Life improvement funds.
- Board Collaborator/Trusted Board Advisor: Instrumental in getting the Board of Focus Softnet to
collaborate with Insta Hospital Management Software Company to harness the healthcare market
potential of in all the regions Focus was operational. Maneuvered and lobbied for transformation of
PDSCG hospital’s not-for-profit ethos into business centric culture, keeping intact it’s ‘founding
objects’. Leveraged the business framework to conceptualize and propose business models & revenue
streams, negotiated intensely to secure approvals from the Board. Ensured legal compliance and
governance protocols of PDSCG hospital’s & PDSCMA Society.
- EDUCATION -
● Strategic Planning & Execution.Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration-Osmania University.
● Diploma in Preventive Health & Corporate Medicine.Indian Hospital Corporation.
● Graduate in Science. Sardar Patel College- Osmania University.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION -
● Life Member of Indian Red Cross Society.
● Executive Member of Kinnera Welfare Society : The Society runs ‘Prema Nilayam’ an Old Age home
for terminally-ill geriatric destitute, ‘Manodeepam’ & ‘Jeevan Dhara’ home for mentally depressed